Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Should Be So Lucky

My jaw dropped when I heard leading Kimmi had to settle for second spot at French Grand Prix, due to his exhaust pipe issue.

Guess when chips are down, one should not be discouraged and keep trying his best! As the adage goes "success comes to those who best deal with failure".

Personally, I believe luck remains to be the bigger component of success! Take myself for instance. I am reminded of the role of luck today as I am currently doing something I enjoy for a living. To rewind back on my mid-life career change, I only applied a few jobs upon completion of my part-time course late last year.

Everything happened so fast. Shortly after I applied for the job, I received a phone call for an interview. Then I was called in again for second interview but had to delay it, as I couldn't apply for leave during the peak period. Miraculously, the company was understanding and allowed me to attend the second interview much later. Following the job offer, I could only join the company two months later due to ex-company's notice period. Again, the employer waited for me to take up the offer patiently.

That's when I noticed the element of good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home