Friday, February 06, 2009

My Friends

Took a lift from my colleague from work to city today. To be specific, he is my regular driver to and back from work. Simply, my partner in the car-pool arrangement. As time passes by, we have progress from co-workers to friends.

Now, have you ever wondered how someone evolves from being an acquaintance to a friend? In my opinion, I can define a friend with the following criteria, first and second of them must be met including:

1. Someone who confides a secret in you.

2. Someone who is willing to do a favor for you.

3. Someone who is willing to spend time with you.

4. Someone who shares the same humour.

Personally, I feel a secret induces the recipient of the secret to be bonded to you. Also, it portrays the giver of the secret in a trusting position and it changes the receiver into a protector.

On the second rule, we do favors even to strangers sometimes, without any expectation of becoming friends. However, we never share any secrets with acquaintances. It is the combination of the secret and the favor that sees the acquaintance turning into a friend. Do you concur?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home