Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Like To Move It


Confession time. I caught movie,Madagascar2 yesterday. In my opinion, DreamWorks Animation seized an opportunity to add another triumphant follow-up to a previous hit. By that, I mean the success of the commercial animated film is best measured against two yardsticks:

Does it deliver for the target audience of kids and is there enough to keep the parents' attention?

For Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, the answer for both of these questions is affirmative. For their first animated sequel, DreamWorks didn't alter the formula that made the first one successful. Humor wise, it did not disappoint me especially the resourceful penguins crew and resolute Mort the Squirrel lemur to go on a holiday with king Julien! I still couldn't contain my laughter when I recalled the pilot's announcement about the imminent plane crash following the good news (immediate landing) to the passengers:) Haha...

Sure, the plot is rather thin. What's holding the sequel together is the fact that we, the audience, see Alex's heartwarming reunion with his folks after his accidental "adoption" by the zoo in New York. More importantly, he has demonstrated to the herd and the rest of the animals that he is as good as his father (despite not a natural fighter like his dad) by risking his life to bring back the water to his kingdom. As a whole, this is a film that will thrill kids while not boring parents. Do you agree?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home