Monday, January 29, 2007

I have a dream


Tick tick… My watch finally showed 6.15pm. Instinctively, I grabbed my bag and ran out of office as fast as my legs could carry me. There was no way I was going to miss my 1st lecture for the course in Mass Communication!

As I was still early, I decided to head for quick bite nearby. I ordered a alfungi mushroom pasta and helped myself heartily. At five minutes before seven pm, I then strolled over to school to check out class venue first. The monitor displayed the location of the lecture on third level, room no. 25.

Excitedly, I sprinted to the lecture room and was greeted by my classmate whom I befriended at the orientation last week. We engaged in usual scuttlebutt chat before more classmates joined the lecture. Shortly, a lanky silhouette showed up at the doorway. My heart sank when I learnt that he is the lecturer for the subject, Creative Writing, Darren. Honestly, the youthful face does not speak much for his teaching experience. And I can only prayed for the best!

First, we were invited to go round the room for a quick introduction of the class. Then Darren gave an outline of the essence of communication and mass communication (MC) in a bigger picture. To pump us up, he also shared with us the prospects of pursuing a career in MC entailing broadcasting, journalism and the like that set our adrenalin pumping. At least for me!

Honestly, not many know I have a secret ambition to be a news broadcaster. Sadly I only embrace this pipe dream due to a lack of confidence, and as such, no action on my part to make it happen. Albeit time is running out being in my mid 30s, I am willing to give it a shot if opportunity knocks on my door!

I could have continued but frankly, I feel a nap coming on…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home