Monday, June 23, 2008

Jaded

For some reason, I was feeling lethargic after work...

Put on my running shoes, I sprang towards the stadium with the hope of recharging my batteries. Somehow, the feeling of having free time at my expense lifted my spirits heaps.

An easy solution, one will say. Now how many people actually embrace this simple idea in their lives?

Let’s say you have a typical life and attempt to live it in the healthiest way. You may assign your day as follow:

Work: 8 hours
Eating: 2 hours
Travel: 2 hours (Personal/family errands)
Exercise: 1 hour
TV: 1 hour
Sleep: 8 hours

That leaves you two hours for other things and so on. If you have a class gathering or con-call to make, or concert to catch, that leaves you completely drained out.

To live a happy life is always challenging, if you do not paying attention to all the above-mentioned. Nevertheless, doing so is almost impossible!

For me, I have become happier by adopting an approach not to be so fussy over my time management. If it rains or I have to put in extra hours at work, I will ignore my exercise and make it up another day.

Another idea is to overlook the fact that you are slowly killing yourself by not exercising and napping enough. That frees up a few hours for you in a day. The negative side is that you will become obese and die of heart attack.

So how do you make yourself happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home