Saturday, February 14, 2009

If I Were A Boy

Sometimes, I wonder if my life would pan out differently if I am a boy. I mean I can do the following list of things freely - not ranked in any order of importance:

1) Be topless
2) Dress the way I like to a wedding dinner(without the concern that someone may sport the same look)
3) Come home late/stay overnight without being questioned
4) Eat heartily
5) Enjoy the quiet moments by myself in a restaurant (without being labelled as a "bachelorette"
6) Not bother by number since guys appreciate in value as they age
7) Not shower for a few days
8) Swear whenever I wish to
9) Travel around the globe on a bike
10)Woo after the person I like with no reservations

For point 6, men seem to "appreciate" as they age because they are evaluated by their level of success. Women, on the other hand, are judged by their physical beauty, which undermine with age. I am open for debate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Actually, you need not be constrained by sex to pursue these goals:
1. Retire to a remote tribe or a nudist colony *Grin*
2. Male members have this problem too. I wore a flashy shirt for 2 weddings, and I got stares and questions too. Just need to be think skinned and not care a F#$k.
3. Well...
4. Why not.
5. Grad a interesting book and laze around in a cafe. Spend time observing people rather then think about what they are thinking of you :)
6. Wisdom comes with age. It is useful to use that to counter lines on the face. Everyone looks good when they know something that others don't.
7. Would not recommend to guys either :)
8. A profane word or 2 once in a while is fine in my book.
9. check this out to see what other women / girls are doing.
10. I thought women had a natural advantage here :)

You don't need to change who you are, Change your perspective and you will change the world.

February 15, 2009 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

good solution to the shower issue. he he he

http://pics.livejournal.com/jfboyd/pic/001s81cc

February 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home