Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The Earrings Song

For some strange reasons, I seem to be dealing with more than one physical issue. Other than my Achilles tendon, even my right ear lobe is infected due to a rusty earring. Hence, I removed it and cleansed it with water and am hoping for a quick recovery.

Problem is that the ear hole has completely sealed up after two days of rest. Wishing to don myself up with the pretty earrings from Russia (a gift from a friend), I decided to do something about it.

Not wanting to queue up at the clinic, I proceeded to the nearby pharmacy. A elderly pharmacist greeted me in a croaky voice. I explained my issue to him and sought for his advice. According to him, I only needed to use alcohol to address the infection. Then I asked if the alcohol would also allow re-open up the ear hole. "Apparently not as the ear cells still work during infection", he said.

Seeing my distress, he offered me his grandma's remedy to fix the ear hole back by piercing it with the end of a joss stick. I was speechless! So I thanked him and ran out in disbelief that a professional would offer such ancient advice.

Undeterred, I went to the next pharmacy. Here, the pharmacists attended to my questions patiently and professionally. This time, I was recommended to a ear jewellery shop in the next building to re-pierce my ear hole.

Though I had to pay a hefty price for the service, it was worth it! In fact, I would be receiving a free checkup for my ear in a month's time. Oh, did I tell you that the premium service also include a new pair of of non-sensitive earrings?

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home