Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Want To Know What Love Is


Took my Flyby bike last Sunday with a friend to an exclusive hideout in sunny Singapore. It was one of those days when I felt bored and purposeless. More importantly, I wished to reaffirm my interest in my latest sports pursuit.

It was an enjoyable ride as I was more confident to ride on the road, embracing the notion that no driver wishes to kill cyclists. Of course, having a better control with the gears and brake also made the journey a smooth-sailing experience for me. On occasions, I even managed to chat with my friend briefly.

Guess what I am trying to say is fear is a mind game. As long as you are predictable and not show signs of wobbliness, you will be treated with respect on the road and there is no reason to be apprehensive.

After cycling for almost 9km (see attached route), we touched down at the destination - Seletar Air base. At the entrance of the air base, we were greeted by the picturesque backdrop. It was almost like The Village movie directed by M. Night Shyamalan. Drawn by the pristine landscape, we crossed beyond the boundaries of the city into the unknown.

With the help of a passerby, we hit the little walkway that led us to Sunset Grill and Pub. Personally, I found it rewarding to visit the no-frills cafe with a spectacular view of the airway donned with different private jets. Not to mention we got to enjoy beautiful sunset over runway free of charge. Now who's complaining?:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home