Thursday, July 16, 2009

Trouble Is A Friend

Welcome back. After almost one and a half week of retreat, I am ready to face the world with a stronger resilience! I don't wish to dwell on the past, so I shall skip the details...

After all, "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift." Let me talk about my plan to eradicate the issues at work. After much thinking and online research, I conclude an infallible plan should encompass the following:

1. It has to meet my need - Better appraisal outcome

2. It's realistic and can be implemented

3. It's specific and results can be tracked against the plan - It has to include tasks, timeline, budgets, and metrics. It's measurable.

4. It clearly defines responsibilities for implementation

5. It's communicated to the person who has to run it and understand the plan

6. It gets the person committed

7. Last but not least, success is in sight with regular review and course correction

Let me know if I have miss out anything and keep smiling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

It is usually easy to parrot the ideas from another place. What is tricky, I feel is the commitment to involve oneself in the grind day after day after day. It is like Cycling or running. It is easy to muster motivation to start the process but training is an everyday affair. One needs to be able to continue the activity even after the initial honeymoon is over and it becomes a chore.

I think the only way to continue pursuing an activity is to change ones lifestyle to suit what one is doing. That way, it does not feel like a chore. But that is a lot of changes and required discipline to bring about.

Hope you figure something out.

July 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home