Thursday, March 04, 2010

Hold On

A friend of mine has been challenging me to be open-minded. To the one out there, you know what I mean. Just that the mind evolves over time, so it is not going to happen over night.

I surfed the Internet in hope of some quick tips. Here's an interesting excerpt:
Aristotle once said, "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Listening to others' ideas may not be easy, but it could be an valuable way to learn something new or change your perspective on life.

Somehow, I couldn't agree more. Personally, I am rather impatient and don't take time to listen to what others say. Not that I am unwilling to hear others' views, just that the inability to hold my tongue. Could be my ego at work. So I tend not to agree with others easily or try to hear their perspectives. In fact, I often require others to agree on my viewpoint before I hear out their opinions.

After some mulling, I think it's time for me to make a positive change FOR MYSELF and learn something new or adjust my perspective. If this doesn't work, guess I can take a leaf from the site to enjoy my stand for my beliefs without the need to debate with another person every time I engage in a discourse. Hope it is not too late...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home