Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I believe I can fly

This is day 1 of my blog. Frankly, I am clueless. Hmmm....Let me start with singles not hitching after 30 years particularly for ladies is appalling in Asian context.

Folks will be breathing down your neck. Relatives will provide no further comfort by "interrogating" your martial status whenever they bump into you. In short, swinging ladies are not acceptable in Asian societies. Depreciation of value is what one may say. At 20 years of age, you enjoy luxury of choices. In your mid 20s, you still have opportunities of meeting the right one. Once you hit 30, the alarm will trigger off where immediate family and aunts will resort to all means to ensure that the lady do not do not get left on the shelf. A more vigorous approach by some entails matching-making, especially in countries like India. Once past 35, one has to passively accept that it is merely a pipe-dream for one to tie the knot.

Personally, I feel life can be beautiful by aligning to one's dreams, rather than frantically pursuing the one and only goal regarded by most ladies. For starters, one can upgrade oneself, go round the world with a back-pack, perform volunteering work and so on and so forth. The options are inexhaustible! Often, I hear married friends sighing lack of freedom or time to pursue one's interests. So here I am in a prime spot free to do what I want and I believe I can fly:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home