Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Brand new day

Had a terrific run yesterday. Nope, I wasn't referring to the timing. Rather the distance 9km! Especially my running schedule was adjourned nearly 2 months ago...

Perhaps my friend is correct to point out that the lack of motivation is my greatest enemy for the long break! Well, almost but not quite entirely... Guess I am still not able to off unwanted baggage from my mind such as work, studies, family issues. As such, I tend to lose my focus easily.

Albeit I have the intention to aim for 2 runs, with one just 2 months away to 6 months from the other at the end of the year.

So the run yesterday had certainly helped to restore my confidence and instill commitment that I need to complete the runs within my target timings.

Hence, it's a "brand new day" to see me through to the rest of the year. For that, I’ll have to seriously adhere to the SMART program constantly preached by the same friend:

- Specific
- Measurable
- Achievable
- Reachabe
- Timeliness

People ask me why I’d want to be involved in the long distance run. For me, it's more than just running as it entails heaps of discipline and hard work to achieve your targets. Likewise, in work or studies.

It’s surprisingly inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home