Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Girls just want to have fun

Yippee! It's last day at work again. Hmmm... Let's see... Should I go for a show, a drink or head for a run? Especially work has been rather mundane. I don't know if you feel the same as I do. Looking at the waistline, I suddenly became motivated to keep fun aside and indulge in some good physical exercise.

Of course, things do not always turn out the way you wish in life. As my running mate unexpectedly messaged me to call off the running session, much to my dismay. As I have made up my mind to go for a short run, I decided not to let my decision sway. Regardless, I will enjoy the evening even if I have to run alone.

To make it up, the evening was pleasantly cool. Just perfect for some outdoor workout! So I put on my adidas running shoes and polar watch to get ready for the action. Next, I did some light stretching and began on my warm up lap to east coast park (ecp). It was a rather slow start as the road was wet after an afternoon's pour. Feeling determined not to slip, I tried my best to keep my balance in check. Upon reaching ecp, I was disappointed that the sky had darkened and rain drops started to hit the ground. But I decided nothing was going to stop me! Quickly, I did my warm up exercise and began my next 4km of run. It was enjoyable running in rain, I must admit. To begin with, there were less people on the road, let alone joggers. As I was aware that I had compromised my speed in 1st 2km, I accelerated my pace in the hope of finishing my run under 42 minutes.

The next 2km was a breeze and I actually enjoyed the solitude run. Even when a cat crossed my path, given my hyper phobia towards the animal. At the end of the 4km, I then made a turn back towards the starting point for the remaining 2km. Knowing i had lost some time at the start, i gave my everything in the last lap. Then the weather changed for the worst as it started to pour heavily again. Grinning on, I sprinted as fast as my legs could carry me. I guess I shocked myself as I would have given up the run on another day. But today I was committed whole-heartedly. Eventually, I crossed the finish line in a time of 44 minutes.

Bad timing! Overly cautious and lack of motivation have always been 2 of my greatest pitfalls and these are 2 things that I wish to address in the new year. Not just in the run, but in my life too. Guess my friend is right again on his prediction that my run would be a short one due to lack of motivation. I really hope to have a good start in the new year and not procrastinate further...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home