Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer Night City

Singapore, my country turned 42 yesterday!

I must say it was a night of spectacular, breathtaking national day parade to be held first time on water! Unlike years ago, when I had the opportunity to take part in the national day event myself along with my schoolmates at the now-defunct national stadium...

This time, they dared to be different and dared to change. Consequently, the show by the bay dazzled the crowd as it connected with the spectators emotionally all around the stage. The birthday celebration entailed a 50 minutes of song and dance symbolically portraying five elements - earth, fire, sea, sky and people, ending with all time crowd's favorite firework display.

To sum up, most were surprised and enthralled over creativity of the show including myself- the water, the stage and the bridge. Guess that is what it means to be a city of possibilities - always something new, something to look forward to for all of us here in this small island:)

For more details, please read on at Page 4 of the Today's article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home