Sunday, July 13, 2008

Reflection

Not sure if you have experience the same...

Say you send an invitation to the "target audience" depending on your objective of the get-together. What's the likely response?

If you take a chapter in my life, today happened to be a gathering the chums from my ex-company. For some reason, most did not respond to my email till I sent a gentle reminder to my friends. In the end, only one friend turned up for afternoon's tea with me. Rather dispirited.

Well, the only chum who turned up also shared the same sentiments as I. Currently, her company requires the team to rotate to take charge of the team events for all. Incidentally, both of us felt that the invitees tend to take the organizer for granted. I will explain further.

If the person is keen to join in the event, he/she will certainly offer alternative date if the proposed does not meet the schedule. Rather than having the organizer to write back to the same person for another date after hearing the unavailability. On the other extreme, we also see invitees who do not even bother to respond to the invitation (@RSVP).

The most welcome category is those who appreciate the initiative and efforts of the organizer by confirming if he/she could attend the occasion. In the case of wedding RSVP, I am sure the couples would vouch for this group too.

Which group do you fall under?


@RSVP = Please reply (Used at the end of invitations to request a response)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

SVP = Répondez s'il vous plaît.

French. Of course it means please reply.

July 13, 2008 at 11:14 PM  
Blogger Pfeiffer said...

r

July 13, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home