Monday, July 07, 2008

Born To Run

To continue my story yesterday, I did a charity run for underprivileged kids (Milk Run) with a friend in the afternoon unregistered*.

I figured why not if it was for a good cause? Albeit I would be considered an "illegal" runner given the fact that I did not sign up for it.

Unfortunately or fortunately, we touched down 15 minutes late for 9.4 km run (thanks to my friend)...

Being the more creative person among the duo, I proposed we joined in the 6km Flag Off intended for underprivileged children (below 17 years of age). Neither one of us looked youthful to pull it through, so I decided to exercise my imagination (well-preached by Barney).

Why not we snuggle up to one of the younger kids and posed as their buddy to guide as well as motivate them through to the end of the run? The plan was impeccable as the organizer had also arranged for volunteers to lead the younger runners to the finish line.

Guess it worked:) And it felt so good, I want to do it again!


*Due to my slothful nature and procrastination..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home