Sunday, July 19, 2009

One Step Closer


Feeling the Sunday blues... So I cajoled my friend to join me on an excursion to a mushroom farm close by. The mission was to visit the farm on our bikes to see the array of mushrooms. You see, I am the proud owner of the FlyBy foldie as of yesterday:) Well, almost...

In total, we pedalled 14 km (two-way) from Hougang to Seletar West in my quest for the mushroom feast. For those who share the same taste bud, the destination is MycoFarm Pte. Ltd. at Seletar West Farmway 5, Singapore 798057.

Rain greeted us at the onset of the ride. I have to agree with my friend now that it is enjoyable to cycle in the rain as the drizzle perks up the soul instantly. Furthermore, traffic is less on the road and makes it more fun to enjoy the space. More importantly, I have learnt to use my brakes and gears better under such wet condition on top of the regular up and downslopes.

Before long, we have arrived at the mushroom farm on a slightly less than dry condition but chirpy. Happily, we parked our bikes and stepped into cafe to satisfy our appetite. Unfortunately, we were too late as the mushroom soup, muffins and other offerings have already been snapped up. Feeling hungry, we left the place shortly in search of roti prata in the vicinity of the farm. It was a no-frills prata eatery and we wasted no time ordering our food. Between the prata and mee houn goreng, the latter was a clear winner.

After fuelling ourselves, we headed back home. The return ride was slightly warmer as the rain had ceased. No worries, as I have my cap to count on. Feeling more confident to ride on the road now, I should be ready for the next oneā€¦

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home