Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sweet Child O' Mine

Ring....! It's another brand new day. Wasting no time, I jumped out of bed and did my typical eye rolling exercise. As fierce contest for common bathroom prevailed in my family, I sprinted to it when I saw the coast was clear. To keep my spirits high, I often would indulged in some bathroom singing.

Wait a minute, I suddenly heard my singing being harmonized by an infantile voice. Am I in dreamland? Nope, it's just my little niece humming "My favourite things" :)

You may not believe it. The magical charm of child's singing actually keeps me merry at the start of the day to face up new challenges for the day. To sustain the cheery mode, both of us will switch to the lung-provoking song from the movie "Sound of Music": "Do-re-mi". Am not sure if it works for you. But it certainly works for me. Basically, each of us will take turn to deliver the song in segments. The chemistry between us given the number of rehearsals for the same track has also made us in sync, where one will join in as soon as the other adjourns for a break.

Guess that is why the spa business has also started to introduce music therapy for its clients. In fact, I am a big fan of music therapy (particularly American Idol) that I even have a repertoire of songs in my handphone by my niece to keep my day going.

Does it work for you too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home