Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bad Day II

On the same day, I was looking into the logistics arrangements for an impending celebration lunch at the staff restaurant off the school. Among other things, one of them included car park lots reservation for the staff assisting the projects demonstrations.

As I am aware that next week is our convocation period for the graduates, I merely told him that I would advise if his request could be met for the following reasons:

1) This peculiar request from internal staff is out of my responsibility for organizing the event
2) The overbearing attitude of co-worker demanding 5 specific car park lots locations
3) I have no control if the security department would accede to my request for 5 parking especially during the peak usage of the car park

Focusing to solve the above issue, I thought of the following "I" ways out of this situation including:

1) Ignore the staff's request
2) Inform him that security has turned down his request without writing in at all
3) Induce him to take care the transportation himself
4) If 2) takes place, then I can advise him that I would be available at car park to guard his car, while he loads the computers into his vehicle
5) If 3) fails, I will escalate the request to my superior to "reject" his request formally

Your suggestion/s, please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home