Saturday, August 02, 2008

No Place That Far

"Welcome to NTU Alumni Party,Class of 2008", announced Dr Su Guaning, President, NTU to the current graduates at St James last Saturday.

To spare you from minutiae of my story, my co-workers and I were also invited to the University's alumni party for the graduates of 2008. Typically such event was organized to foster the bond of these students with their peers and senior even after they left NTU. The temptation of free drinks was irresistible, so I succumbed.

When we reached the destination, the graduates were strolling in sparsely. Not a promising night, I thought. To make it less pleasant, I couldn't get a discount for my friend, who did not have the complimentary ticket..

At the entrance of the club, we were greeted by finger food at the buffet section. Given that the light was dim, it was an uphill task for us to pick the food items. And it did not help when the snacks were cold and tasteless.

Still the night was saved by good company from my office, coupled with killer drinks. Being a non-alcoholic, I had to say that the drinks offered at the event turned out to be quite enjoyable, including screwdriver and cranberry vodka.

To make it sweeter, it was announced by President of NTU that we would play host to the Youth Olympic sportsmen at our existing campus: The NIE will be the Village’s central square where dining, retail, culture and education services will be located, and NTU’s residential halls will be used to accommodate the athletes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home