Monday, July 28, 2008

Never Had A Dream Come True

I did it!

Never thought my dream of completing a course in Mass Communication (MC) would come true. To cut the story short, I decided to embark on the diploma in MC last year after a prolonged procrastination..

Guess my efforts paid off when I was invited to attend my graduation over the weekend, awarded with a distinction in MC:)

On that day, I arranged to meet up with my best friend from my class at the hotel half an hour ahead of the schedule. Although formal dress code was indicated on the invitation letter, most were dressed to kill! So it turned out to be quite an eye-opener for me.

One of them was spotted wearing pink tights underneath a black dress. Another was seen wearing a super-short skirt. Almost equivalent to a mini-fashion show. As a result, the entire graduation ceremony became more colorful and vibrant, albeit eye brows were raised on stage.

Ironically, a few even wore jeans to the occasion. This seemed wrong. In my opinion, the casual dress code conflicted with the dignity of the event and needed to be addressed!

Being Internet-savvy, I browsed through the web to see if there are quick tips to save the day for graduates-to-be. And I found this interesting site.

Do you have any golden words to add?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home