Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Don't Dream It's Over (Part 1)

As some may know, I have the intention of buying a folding bike as an alternative sports.

After benefiting from the exclusive buying guide by my friend, I decided the next step is to test drive the bikes to ascertain the one that best suits my needs within my budget.

So last Saturday, I cajoled the same friend to join me on a biking spree. First, we went to Song Seng Chan at Joo Chiat Road, one of the authorized dealers for Dahon bikes. Wasting no time, I tested Speed TR24, which was highly recommended by my friend. It was a wobbling ride along the narrow corridor of the shop house. After hearing the feedback from the bike salesman and my friend, then it dawned on me that that I had not adjust it to the optimum gear speed. After adjusting the gear speed, my second attempt was more stable and enjoyable.

More importantly, this new Dahon model speed TR24 is equipped with many useful accessories including:

- Factory fitted fenders
- Front and rear racks (suspect it can take full size ortlieb’s bags)
- Kick stand to facilitate folding process/stationary position
- Front and rear lights that comes with dynamo

The drawback is that price is a bit steep inclining towards the higher end of my budget, albeit it makes a perfect package for a good utility bike.

Unsettled, I decided to keep this option in mind and checked out more bike shops for other options before I make a conclusion.

1 Comments:

Blogger SiouxGeonz said...

Sooner you get it, the sooner you save on the fuel when you use it instead of the car ;)

September 10, 2008 at 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home