Thursday, February 01, 2007

Never say Goodbye

It's the last day at work for a colleague of mine in pursuit of her Mandarin studies. On one hand, I feel happy for her to be able to realize her dream. It is a sad moment, on the other hand, as her departure from the team undermines the zest that she has brought to at work.

Well, that is life, I guess. People come and go.

On this day, all had came together at a Spanish restaurant for a farwell lunch with her. Interestingly, one of my colleagues commented that people meet up primarily for 2 reasons: Birth and Death. On this note, I see her departure as somewhat like "Death". And new chapter in her life after our company signifies "Birth"in this respect.

For me, as I grow older over the years, the invitations for gatherings have also correspondingly increase. The last gathering's invite I recalled was when my friend becomes the proud mum of twin babies. For the former, they are always joyous occasions, unlike the solemn mood that lingers at funerals*.

Do you agree?

*PS: Naturally, death relating to the folks of my friends, as I am not so elderly to attend my friends' obsequies. Touchwood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home