Thursday, September 11, 2008

Don't Dream It's Over (Part 2)

On our way to the next bike shop down the road, we spotted another one in sight. The name of the shop is monotine(R)bikes. We went in and found an array of folding bikes economically priced. Upon query, we learnt that the bikes are designed locally but manufactured in Shanghai.

I tested out one of these folding bikes at the back lane. Given that this is not a household name, I have found the entire ride unsteadily. Remembering what my friend told me previously, that is, to get enough time test riding in all situations in the bike as follow:

* Ride in a straight line
* Make sudden sharp turns
* Ride out of the saddle
* Try climbing a hill
* Going downhill
* Try to ride in small circles
* Wobble the handlebar to see if the bike remains stable
* Try a sudden stop
* Try riding with one hand

So I decided to take a sudden sharp turn at the end of the lane to put my ride to a real test! Unfortunately, my lack of experience led me to the "downfall". Without having enough space for my bike to turn around, I lost the balance of the bike and landed heavily on left side of my body. Luckily, I was quick to use my elbow to support myself to avoid further injury.

Guess that was the last straw for me! So we thanked the shop owner and moved on to the third bike shop without hesitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home